The Last Miles covers the last decade of Miles Davis’ recordings on an in-depth, album by album basis. Read exclusive anecdotes and appraisals from The Last Miles about each album by following the links below:
You can also read my Miles Davis Timeline where the major events of Miles’ life in the 1980s are laid out chronologically, including album releases; my round-up of the various Miles live CDs released around the world that capture Miles playing live during the 1980s, which is where Miles arguably produced some of his greatest music; my review of the The Very Best Of Miles Davis: Warner Bros. Sessions 1985-1991 ; and my review of The Complete On The Corner Sessions.
- Miles 80s Music Collections - a round up of various Miles compilations from the 1980s
- The Man With The Horn Album Primer - An Introduction To Miles’ 80s album
- We Want Miles Album Primer - An Introduction To Miles’ live album from 1982
- Star People Album Primer - An Introduction To Miles’ album from 1983
- Decoy Album Primer - An Introduction To Miles’ album from 1984
- Miles Live - a round up of the various Miles live albums from the 1980s