Note that this is not The Last Word boxed set planned for release back in 2001 and there is no unreleased material on this version. But if you’ve ever wanted an introduction to Miles’s late 80s music, you can do no better than buy this boxed set of eight CDs, that includes remastered versions of Miles’s Warner Bros. albums – Tutu, Siesta, Amandla, Dingo, Doo-Bop, Live Around The World and Miles and Quincy at Montreux – plus a live concert from Nice 1986.
The high-quality packaging belies this set’s modest price (it was £25 when first released, today, it’s around £50 and still great value), with each CD in a cardboard replica of the original LP, and a 60-page booklet that includes liner notes, photos, plus original album artwork and liner notes (although not for Live Around The World). The resultant sound quality from remastering is impressive (and I speak as someone who has many of these albums on various specialist audio formats) with enhanced clarity and improved dynamics.
- Miles 80s Music Collections - a round up of various Miles compilations from the 1980s
- The Man With The Horn Album Primer - An Introduction To Miles’ 80s album
- We Want Miles Album Primer - An Introduction To Miles’ live album from 1982
- Star People Album Primer - An Introduction To Miles’ album from 1983
- Decoy Album Primer - An Introduction To Miles’ album from 1984
- Miles Live - a round up of the various Miles live albums from the 1980s